Friday, September 7, 2012

Getting Settled

Well, it seemed rather silly that I started this blog so long ago and haven't been back since my first post!  I'll tell you a little bit about why.  After November we moved from Alexandria, VA to Gettysburg, PA.  As beautiful as Gettysburg is the internet was not the best, fastest or easiest to come by and packing up my new little bundle of joy every morning for a screaming car ride to the local cafe was not high on my list of fun things to do.  So, instead I tried to use my time in between diaper changes to make a few pieces.  We did eventually leave the battlefields and move back north to the Hudson Valley where, yes, the internet is much better.  But we bought a house!  And it needed MAJOR work so most of the last 5 months or so have been spent finding, buying and fixing up our new little ranch. 

While we were living with my parents (as it took a while for the sale to go through and fix the place up to "livable") I got to get down to business for just a little while and jumped into wire wrapping.  It was great!  And I used up all my wire...  Which is good and bad, I have some beautiful earrings to show for it but not enough money to go and buy more to keep my fingers busy.  Maybe blogging will help that ;-)

Chartreuse Glass Copper Wire Wrapped Earrings
Amethyst and Copper Wire Wrapped Earrings
Copper Wire Wrapped and Blue Glass Drop Earrings


No comments:

Post a Comment