Wednesday, September 19, 2012

About Town

One of the nicest things is seeing artwork from other members of the Hudson Valley Etsy Team.  The other day I went out into the town of New Paltz with my husband and daughter to play in the park.  When we were finished on the swings I took the little one to our new favorite shop, The Tree House, where she had been eying the adorable (and affordable) little sock dolls each time we visited.  With money being tight (and her having plenty of toys) I held off on buying her anything but she had some birthday money to spend this time so we picked out an adorable onsie and a colorful sock doll.

While we were there I noticed Milestone Decal Art and Tickled Pink Knits have a bunch of neat pieces around the shop.  I love going into a local shop and being able to identify an artist from the team, it's a wonderful feeling to know that your team members are out and about in the same places I love to shop.  It's thrilling to be part of the local handmade community. 

I thought this jellyfish platter was particularly interesting, it has such wonderful detail!

Stunning Fiber Art!

2 comments:

  1. I get excited when I recognize items from the team while I'm out and about too. It makes me feel like I know celebrities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cortney, delighted to see one of my necklaces features here, thanks so much! I am so please to be part of the Hudson Valley Etsy Team and to have my designs represented at The Treehouse boutique!

    ReplyDelete